Become a Subscriber to GHS Band News

Welcome and thank you for visiting your GHS Band News Blog. Tag this website as a favorite and check it out every week. Mr. Pirzer sends scads of updates, and this is where the Band Booster secretary will post those updates.

It's easy to track information on this blog. See the Information heading in the upper right column? Just click on the heading you're interested in to go directly to the most recent postings under this heading.

For questions or concerns, contact Amy Wagner at GHSBandNews@gmail.com.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

State Championship Football Game

Parents and Students,
If you have not heard yet, GHS won tonight and are headed off to the State Championship game next Saturday at 1:00 PM at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando.  We will be taking a pep band to the game.  I have selected a group of about 50 upperclassmen and they will be invited to play in the pep band.  What I need all Juniors, Seniors and drum line members to do is to check their calendar for December 15th and make sure they can go.  I will post my list of invitees in the band room on Monday.  We will not be needing a trailer as Mr. Shelnutt has told me that he will provide us with a charter bus.  All parents and underclassmen are encouraged to come to Orlando if they like, but they will need to pay the $12.00 admission into the game.  I have to submit a roster of students to the FHSAA so I am going to only submit the names of the students that we are taking on our bus.  Please understand that this game comes with a whole different set of rules for bands and I must follow them to the letter.  

I will have exact details as I receive them from our football people on Monday.

I hope to see everyone at the booster meeting Monday Night and at our concert on Thursday.

Have a good weekend,
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment